Saturday, November 5, 2016

So I'm reading blogs about integrating technology into the classroom and I'm learning stuff already. I enjoyed this post about using Google Earth to bring lessons closer to home:
http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2016/11/an-easy-way-to-find-google-earth-tours.html#.WB4javl97IU
I actually experimented with the how-to by Google Earthing my parents' retirement village, in all its riveting glory and excitement. Look at that! Google Earth can put you where your heart is.

Next I read this post:
http://adeleefl.blogspot.co.il/2016/10/its-fun-to-be-winners-especially-when.html
about Israeli kids participating in a Google contest to improve Google Translate. THANK G-D.....
although some of my best blogging material has been samples of hilariously translated school emails via Google Translate. Alas, I'll have to look elsewhere for an easy laugh.

Finally, I listened to this Southern Accented podcast cautiously encouraging tech-unsavvy teachers to first learn how to use Twitter and then, if ever, start using Twitter.
http://www.bamradionetwork.com/every-classroom-matters/4099-140-twitter-tips-for-educuators
I have Twitter. Outside of war-time, I never use it. However, in the spirit of showing these podcasters I am one of the capable ones, I went ahead and started following @TEFL and @classroomblog. Just for fun.

(For anyone who is wondering, it's Saturday night here in Israel, though Blogger is using US time to indicate when my post went up).

3 comments:

  1. You write in a clear and concise way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay love your short sassy posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, I loved what you wrote, I admit that I went to all the links but I was glad to see that someone is trying to improve the use of Google Translate! :) I have received so many emails from people who don't understand what injustice Google Translate does to the English language!

    ReplyDelete